Exterior Paint Prep
Exterior wood siding painting preparation – tips, tools, how to guide
Exterior painting can make a drastic improvement in the look of your home. When the surface is prepared correctly, you’ll have piece of mind the paint job will last.
Follow these steps for exterior paint removal and preparation:
1. Pressure wash the exterior to remove dirt, mold and pollutants. During this process you will also remove loose paint.
2. Scrape and pound in loose nails. We prefer a replaceable carbide blade with a handle for pounding loose nails.
3. Sand the surface to remove dead wood and feather out old paint.
4. Blow off the surface to remove dust.
5. Caulk expansion joints, making sure to wait the required dry time before priming.
6. Mask the windows, lights, etc.
7. Prime where needed. In our case we used peel bond primer.
8. Top coat. In our case we used Duration.
For more information about our local painting services in cities such as Eagan, Eden Prairie, Edina, Apple Valley or lakeville Minnesota please visit: